The Norfolk & Norwich Association for The Blind
NNAB Sports Activities are run all round the county. Our aim is to provide enjoyable Sports for people with visual impairment.
We work to ensure that every event, whether in the Bradbury Centre, Kings Lynn Equipment center or at our other venues is tailored to ensure that having poor sight is no barrier.If you would like to join in you can be assured that we will do everything possible to support and help you. Please get in touch to find out more.
For the latest sports events please contact:
Emma Dean (Norwich)
Tel: 01603 573000 or by e-mail Emmadean@nnab.org.uk
Niki Richardson (Kings Lynn)
Tel: 01553 660808 or by email Nikirichardson@nnab.org.uk
A full list of dates and information for all the below is available in our 'Sports Pack' if you wish to have a pack or book a place on any of the activities please contact us
The following activities are available:
- Sailing - Runs fortnightly on a Thursday, starting May 2nd 2019 12.30pm - 5pm
- Tandem Cycling - Runs fortnightly on a Thursday, 10am onwards (Norwich)
- Walks – Various walks throughout he County, monthly on a Wednesday, 10am onwards (Based from Norwich, Kings Lynn, Cromer and Yarmouth)
- Short Mat Bowls - fortnightly on the first and Third Tuesday of each month, 10am - 12pm (Norwich)
- Ten Pin Bowling - fortnightly on the second and fourth Friday, 10am - 3pm, Namco Bowling Centre, Bowthrope, (Norwich)
- Boccia - fortnightly on first and third Friday, 10am - 12pm (Norwich)
- Darts - fortnightly on first and third Friday, 1pm - 3pm (Norwich)
- Shuffleboard - Monthly on first Tuesday, 10.30am - 12.30pm, Merchants Place (Cromer)
- Golf - Set course dates (please ask for availablity) (Norwich)
- Tennis - Monthly on a Tuesday at EATSC Lime Tree Road. (Norwich)
- Seated Yoga - weekly on a Tuesday, 1pm to 2pm & 2pm to 3pm there is a waiting list for this (Norwich)
- Archery - First Wednesday, alternative months, 1.30 - 3.30pm, Hempton Village Hall (Fakenham)
- Keep Fit Classes - First Friday of each month, 2pm - 3pm (King's Lynn)
- Knitting- Fourth wednesday of each month 1.30-3.30 (Kings Lynn)
- Tea Shop Walks- Fourth Tuesday of each month 10.30-12.30 (Kings Lynn)
- Adventure-Start- We are offering some adrenalin filled activities such as Go-Ape, Paintballing, Go-karting, Tubing and Segway’s (Kings Lynn and Norwich)
- Short Mat Bowls - Runs monthly (Ringstead, Hunstanton)
Sailing on Barton Broad with the Nancy Oldfield Trust
Short Mat Bowls, Long Walk and Golf
Judy Manning with Volunteers Mike and Roy on a Tandem Ride.
Photo courtesy of Rosy Lee's Cafe in Loddon.