All of our Sports Activities are led and looked after by a team of our excellent volunteers, without them these activities would not be possible. They are supported with administrative help from the main office and our newly appointed Sports co-ordinator Emma Dean would be happy to help you with any enquiries or requests you might have. Please contact her at email@example.com 01603 629558.
The following activities are available now and in 2017:
- 4 x 4 Off Road Driving - 2/3 dates throughout the year, approx 9am - 4pm, Thetford
- Sailing - fortnightly, 12.30pm - 5pm, Barton Broad, Neatishead
- Tandem Cycling - Norwich, fortnightly, 10am onwards
- Walks – both long and short throughout the County, monthly, 10am onwards
- Short Mat Bowls - Norwich, first and Third Tuesday of each month, 10am - 12pm
- Archery - Norwich, dates have been cancelled for the foreseeable future
- Ten Pin Bowling - Norwich, fortnightly, 10am - 12.30pm, Namco Bowling Centre, Bowthrope, Norwich
- Boccia - Norwich, monthly, 10am - 12pm
- Darts - Norwich, fortnightly, 1pm - 3pm
- Horseriding - Poringland, fortnightly, 10am onwards, Playbarn Riding Stables
- Shuffleboard - Cromer, alternative months, 10.30am - 12.30pm, Merchants Place, Cromer
- Self Defence - Norwich, fortnightly, 10 -11am - Dates have been cancelled for the foreseeable future
- Golf - TBC
- Tennis - Outdoors at the Lime Tree Centre, Eaton, summer dates are available now
Additional sports -
Our Golf Sessions via Active Norfolk and the Barnham Broom Golf Club, are hoped to be resumed in the late spring, dates to follow. In order to secure funding please do contact me to let me know if this is of interest to you so I can make the appropriate arrangements with regards to transport and the number of Volunteers required to assist you if required - thank you.
We have a full list of dates and information for all the above. If you would like a copy of our 'Sports Pack' or wish to book a place on any of the activities please contact us - Tel: (01603) 629558 or via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.
SPORTING ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE FROM THE WEST NORFOLK CENTRE
- Walks - Second Wednesday of each month. 9.30am onwards
- Shuffleboard - First Wednesday, alternative months, 1.30pm - 3pm, Hempton Village Hall, Fakenham
- Archery - First Wednesday, alternative months, 1.30 - 3.30pm, Hempton Village Hall, Fakenham
- Keep Fit Classes - King's Lynn, First Friday of each month, 2pm - 3pm
- Keep Fit Classes - Fakenham, Third Tuesaday of each month, 2pm - 3pm, Hempton Village Hall, Fakenham
If you are interested in taking part in any, or all of these, please contact Nikita Richardson email@example.com or call the King's Lynn Office on 01553 660808 to find out about prices and transport arrangements.
***UPDATE*** UNFORTUNATELY THE CHARITY TANDEM CHARITY RIDE DID NOT GO AHEAD ON 12TH SEPTEMBER 2015 DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. INSTEAD EMMAUS HAS SET A NUMBER OF CHALLENGES TO BE HELD OVER THE COMING MONTHS. THE JUST GIVING WEBSITE IS STILL UP AND RUNNING SO PLEASE CONTINUE TO SPONSOR/DONATE - THANK YOU.
We are raising money in tandem with Emmaus, a charity for the homeless based in Ditchingham. Rebecca Wass, Deputy Community Leader and her partner are using one of our Tandems to endure a cycle challenge along with various other activities like - Half Marathon, Triathlon, Quiz and chips night, Car wash challenge, 16 mile walk, Tour De Broads bike challenge, a Firewalk and much more.
Staff and members of the Emmaus team will mainly be taking this challenges on but the NNAB will also be taking part - NNAB vs Emmaus.... watch this space!
Sponsorship forms will be located around the NNAB soon or you can donate now directly via the virginmoneygiving.com page - in the search bar titled find a friend or someone's special fundraising page, please type Rebecca Wass, then click on '16 Challenges in 2016' - Thank you very much.
More information on sporting activities:
Have you an interest in Running/Jogging, it does not matter if you are a beginner or just want to re-start this hobbie? We have been approached by professional guide runners wanting to guide propective runners. Please see attached leaflet for contact details.
The UEA holds weekly drop-in sessions where you can go and try a variety of sports including - Climbing, Rounders, Cricket and much more all for just £1.50. Please click on the link for more information.
Roy McGee our lovely Boccia coach have started a new group for the Boccia fanatics at the UEA Sportpark so for those that would prefer an evening class, why not pop along - Mondays, 6.20pm - 7.40pm. £3.00 per session. To book your place or for more information please contact Roy directly, Mobile: 07969859335 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sailing on Barton Broad with the Nancy Oldfield Trust
Short Mat Bowls, Long Walk and Golf
Judy Manning with Volunteers Mike and Roy on a Tandem Ride.
Photo courtesy of Rosy Lee's Cafe in Loddon.