The Norfolk & Norwich Association for The Blind
NNAB Sports Activities are run all round the county. Our aim is to provide enjoyable Sports for people with visual impairment.
We work to ensure that every event, whether in the Bradbury Centre, Kings Lynn Equipment center or at our other venues is tailored to ensure that having poor sight is no barrier.If you would like to join in you can be assured that we will do everything possible to support and help you. Please get in touch to find out more.
For the latest sports events please contact:
Emma Dean (Norwich)
Tel: 01603 629558 or by e-mail Emmadean@nnab.org.uk
Niki Richardson (Kings Lynn)
Tel: 01553 660808 or by email Nikirichardson@nnab.org.uk
A full list of dates and information for all the below is available in our 'Sports Pack' if you wish to have a pack or book a place on any of the activities please contact us
The following activities are available:
- 4 x 4 Off Road Driving - Runs 2/3 dates throughout the year, approx 9am - 4pm, (Thetford)
- Sailing - Runs fortnightly, 12.30pm - 5pm, Barton Broad, (Neatishead)
- Tandem Cycling - Runs fortnightly, 10am onwards (Norwich)
- Long Walks – Runs both long and short throughout the County, monthly, 10am onwards (Based from Norwich, Kings Lynn, Cromer and Yarmouth)
- Short Mat Bowls - Runs the first and Third Tuesday of each month, 10am - 12pm (Norwich)
- Ten Pin Bowling - fortnightly, 10am - 12.30pm, Namco Bowling Centre, Bowthrope, (Norwich)
- Boccia - , monthly, 10am - 12pm (Norwich)
- Darts - fortnightly, 1pm - 3pm (Norwich)
- Horseriding - , fortnightly, 10am onwards, Playbarn Riding Stables (Poringland)
- Shuffleboard - Alternative months, 10.30am - 12.30pm, Merchants Place (Cromer)
- Golf - Set course dates (please ask for availablity) (Norwich)
- Tennis - Outdoors at the Lime Tree Centre summer dates are available now (Eaton)
- Archery - First Wednesday, alternative months, 1.30 - 3.30pm, Hempton Village Hall (Fakenham)
- Keep Fit Classes - First Friday of each month, 2pm - 3pm (King's Lynn)
- Knitting- Fourth wednesday of each month 1.30-3.30 (Kings Lynn)
- Tea Shop Walks- Fourth Tuesday of each month 10.30-12.30 (Kings Lynn)
- Adventure-Start- We are offering some adrenalin filled activities such as Go-Ape, Paintballing, Go-karting, Tubing and Segway’s (Kings Lynn and Norwich)
- Short Mat Bowls - Runs monthly (Ringstead, Hunstanton)
Sailing on Barton Broad with the Nancy Oldfield Trust
Short Mat Bowls, Long Walk and Golf
Judy Manning with Volunteers Mike and Roy on a Tandem Ride.
Photo courtesy of Rosy Lee's Cafe in Loddon.